Labels

Friday 18 May 2012

what's in my travel bag


Hello My Lovelies,

today I would like to share with some pictures of my makeup travel back... I am not even near an holiday but I took these pictures before going to Paris for a short weekend in Paris - here is the link of my shopping  there :-)). 

I will start saying that I have a few rules when I travel:

1- I take with me what I love the most... on holiday we need to spoil ourselves!
2- Before packing I think of the holiday I am going for and what can be essential and what is unnecessary.. for a beach holiday I am not going to need foundation or tons of eyeshadows... when I am tanned, I always keep it very simple! 
3- I always put my makeup bag into my handbag.. Otherwise I see myself staring impatient at the conveyor belt ...

And this is the bag I am using at the moment: it's big but compact, it has see-through compartments and can be left open and flat to fit better in the hand luggage...

Here you go! 
It really looks like a lot of makeup, I know, but I thought it was what I needed for a city break!

Face: Mac MSF in Medium and Medium Dark (now that I am quite pale I use the Medium all over the face and the Medium Dark as contouring shade), Mac MSF in Gold Deposit, Clinique Anti-Blemish Solution, Mac Studio Finish Concealer in NW25, Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach, Maybelline Cream Blush no. 2, Nars blush duo Desire/Amour.
Eyes: Nars eyeshadow duo in Kalahari, Mac Painterly Paint Pot, Mac eyeshadow in Yogurt, Club, Brown Down and Ochre, Pupa eyesahdow no. 200, Bourjois eye pencils in Brown and Black, Clinique Mascara.
Lips: MAc Lisptic in Shy Girl and Lady Bug, Revlon lisptick in Soft Rose, MUA lipgloss shade 4, Rimmel lip pencil in red dynamite.
Brushes: Real Tecniques, Elf, Mac and Shu Uemura eyelash curler.
Nails: China Glaze High Maintenance
p.s. random powder puff in the left corner... 

But what did I really used... tools excluded!
I went for a simple, bronzy look with red lips all the time and it was easy and elegant: no eye liner, glowy cheeks and matte complexion... just forgot to include mascara in the pic!


All in all I think that this can also be a perfect starter kit for somebody who would like to have good quality makeup for everyday looks... as you can see I am not very adventurous with eyeshadows and I always play it simple! 

hope you enjoyed it
Letizia
x

No comments:

Post a Comment