Labels

Tuesday 3 July 2012

My Wedding Makeup Look

Hello my Dears,

today I was looking at my wedding pictures so I thought it was a good idea to share with you some of them and write something about my make-up look for that day! 

We got married last year in April and we were so lucky to choose the last sunny and warm day of 2011 here in the UK! 




With my Mum!

 Let's go back to business... First of all I would like to say that I decided to do my own make up because I wanted something to feel confident with all day (it sound like a pantyliners advert hihihihihi) and have the possibility to chose the colours and textures that I knew would suit me better!

I started with some researches online and nowadays you can find plenty of tutorials and information about bridal looks so it is just a matter of taking notes, try, test and experiment new things!

My suggestion is to plan ahead and test everything you want to use at least a week before the wedding day and, when you are happy with your choice, just do your make you 2-3 times before the big day to get the right confidence and see how it wears throughout the day... you can also take a few pictures and see by yourself  how it shows when the flash hits you face... And this is exactly what I did!


Let's make a start then!

 The most important thing is the base and the way the face is concealed, contoured and highlighted!


First of all, I started with a face primer and I chose Pixi Flawless and Poreless: I applied a thin layer in the centre of my face and where my open pores are to smooth everything out, then the foundation only where I needed (especially the centre of my face and chin) bending down the neck to have an even colour. Last but not least, I applied some concealer under my eyes, dabbing it lightly with my fingers and paying attention to smooth it properly and don't let it set in the lines... also known as wrinkles... 
To set everything in place I dusted some Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Natural especially where I get shinier... I love this powder because it has a very natural finish and the natural 
glowiness of the skin shows through! 
In my opinion it is important to allow 5 to 10 minutes between each step because it means that your skin has the time to absorb each product and it guarantees a better staying power!


To contour my face I added a tiny bit of bronzer and for my eyes, Elf  eyeprimer to keep my 
eyeshadow in place!
I also used the Mac Prep+Prime Eyelash Primer and my beloved Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara: this is a great combo to achieve long, thick and well separated lashes! The primer is enriched with fibres that provide longer and fuller lashes while the Mascara wand is great to keep them separated.



And now the eyes....

I wanted to combine the colours that, I think, suits me better and so I chose to wear a light lilacky colour all over the lid blended in the crease with a dark reddish brown. I then lined my eyes with a dark purple, blending a tiny little bit of the same colour in the outer corner of the eye to add a hint of depth. 
For the lower lash line I mixed the dark brown used in the crease and a lighter, more coppery shade 
to add some warmth to the look (both by Body Shop). 
I loved the combination of these eyeshadows and it really complemented my green eyes and made them pop without being too intrusive or strong.


Body Shop Eyeshadows from a limited 
edition eye&cheek palette

Mac Pink Freeze Eyeshadow

Stila Batura Eyeshadow
Mac Pink Freeze, Stila Batura, Body Shop

And then the final touches...

For my cheeks I chose Fleur Power by Mac, a rosy/peachy blush with no shimmer, a tiny bit of highlighter on the cheek bone and brow bone and the perfect nude lipstick for my lips, Mac Viva Glam II that it's not only a great lipstick, but it also has a divine vanilla flavour! 

Collection 2000 Highlighter, Mac Viva Glam Lipstick,
Mac Blush in Fleur Power 

and this is the look...
Hope you like it! 




2 comments: